Blotting tissue can do the job of mopping up excess oil. But having to reapply is exhausting.
Use a setting powder formulated for oily skin! It will keep your makeup looking uniform for longer.
Learn how to use setting powder for oily skin in this article. Save yourself time and anxiety!
How to Use Setting Powder for Oily Skin
Even though your skin is oily, it needs its natural oils to stay hydrated and healthy.
Anxiety or a bad diet can lead to or exacerbate an oily skin problem. The problems start with lifestyle. Aim for a healthy lifestyle and you will end up with healthier skin. But of course, a setting powder will help!
Many of us are sick of an all-day greasy shine, huge pores, breakouts, and rough-looking skin.
You can use a setting powder to reduce their appearance. You can also see the long-term benefits of living healthier. Using setting powder for oily skin can be done in three easy steps. They are:
- After you cleanse your skin, apply your toner and an oil-free moisturizer. Then a mattifying primer to get your canvas ready.
- The next step is to apply a small amount of liquid concealer to any area where you want to cover blemishes. Do this before applying the rest of your makeup.
- To finish your makeup and keep it looking great for longer, it’s time to use your setting powder. Use a setting powder that has been specially formulated for oily skin. (find out our LuxeLuminous recommendations below).
- Use a large brush to apply the product, working in circular motions to leave a thin layer. If you feel the need for added coverage, then you can use a damp sponge to apply another layer. This serves as protection that will absorb excess oil on your face.
The Best Setting Powders for Oily Skin
Here at LuxeLuminous, we have chosen three popular setting powders that work well for those who have oily skin.
To start is Wet N Wild’s Bare Focus Matte Setting Powder which will complete your final look by adding a matte finish to your oily skin.
This cruelty free and vegan product contains a blend of nourishing ingredients. These ingredients will leave your skin feeling soothed. They include chamomile extract, oatmeal, vegetable collagen, vitamin E and sea buckthorn. These additions also help to leave your skin feeling more hydrated and elastic.
Other active ingredients like witch hazel and tea tree extract work to clarify your skin. They also work to reduce the appearance of pores. This makes it stay feeling toned and fresh throughout the day.
This great budget option comes in four tints, as well as a translucent formulation. Although this setting powder is suitable for all skin types, it works well for those with oily skin too.
- Light-Coverage Matte Finishing Powder:...
- Clarifies and Refines: Ingredients like...
- Skin-Loving Ingredients: Formulated with...
- For All Skin Types: Whether you have...
- Cruelty-Free and Vegan: Wet n Wild...
E.l.f.’s Halo Glow Setting Powder has a silky and weightless texture that will leave your skin with a blurry and soft-focus finish.
It will provide your makeup look with a subtle shimmer. And will help to control excess oil production.
Halo Glow is 100% cruelty-free and vegan. It is free from phthalates, parabens, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone. It is also free from other harmful chemicals that can irritate the skin. It makes your fine lines and imperfections disappear.
Keep excess shine at bay with Halo Glow Setting Powder.
- FLAWLESS FINISH: No Filter—because you...
- SMOOTH & SOFT FINISH: Infused with...
- BEAUTY TIP: Lightly dust loose powder on...
- SKIN-LOVING INGREDIENTS: All e.l.f....
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder is an award-winning cult favorite used by makeup artists globally. Its weightless powder formulation. It is a winner when it comes to absorbing oil and eliminating shine.
It leaves a soft-focus effect without streaking your makeup. It also contains both vitamin C and E powders to keep your skin looking stunning — even for selfies.
It comes in three different shades to provide flawless coverage for all skin tones. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder also has a shimmery gold finish. It leaves the skin glowing without a greasy shine.
- Cult favorite and winner of multiple...
- Pros love the super smooth application,...
- Blends effortlessly and provides great...
Now that you know how to use setting powder for oily skin, you can create the flawless look you’re after. So, put on your best influencer-inspired face and enjoy taking selfies to show off your radiant skin.